Titel: Counselling Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse
Autor/en: Christiane Sanderson
67:B&W 6. 69 x 9. 61 in or 244 x 170 mm (Pinched Crown) Perfect Bound on White w/Gloss Lam.
Jessica Kingsley Publishers, Ltd
1. April 2006 - kartoniert - 448 Seiten
This updated and expanded edition provides comprehensive coverage of the theory and practice of counselling survivors of child sexual abuse (CSA). In a reasoned and thoughtful approach, common stereotypes of abusers and their victims are replaced with current knowledge on the incidence of CSA and its long-term impacts on adult survivors.
Christiane Sanderson explores the therapeutic relationship from building trust and meeting the client's needs to establishing boundaries, addressing transference issues and avoiding secondary traumatic stress. She evaluates various treatment approaches and techniques, and discusses the advantages and disadvantages of group therapy. Stand-alone chapters provide in-depth coverage of:
- CSA's impact on survivors' sense of self and their relationships with others
- self-harming behaviour, including self-injury, substance abuse and eating disorders
- how memory is constructed and reconstructed, including the controversial issues surrounding recovered memories
- useful approaches to coping with fear and loss from working with other types of trauma
- normal sexual development and typical sexual difficulties for survivors
- working with shame and dissociation.
Counselling Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse honestly addresses the complex issues in this important area of work. It provides practical strategies for those new to counselling in this field and valuable new insights for experienced counsellors.
1. Understanding Child Sexual Abuse.
2. The Impact and Long Term Effects of Child Sexual Abuse on Ault Survivors.
3. Understanding Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse.
4. Working with Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse.
5. Working with Child Sexual Abuse and Trauma.
6. Working with Child Sexual Abuse and Dissociation.
7. Working with Child Sexual Abuse and Memory.
8. Working with Child Sexual Abuse and Self-Harm.
9. Working with the Shattered Self.
10. Working with Shame.
11. Working with Sexuality.
12. Professional issues. References. Indexes.
Christiane Sanderson is a lecturer in Psychology at London University, Birkbeck College, and Consultant in the School of Psychology and Therapeutic Studies, University of Surrey, Roehampton. With 15 years' experience working in the child sexual abuse field, she has run workshops for parents, teachers, social workers, nurses, therapists and counsellors to increase knowledge and awareness of CSA. She is the author of The Seduction of Children, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
"'Counselling Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse addresses the myths and mysteries while propelling a lifeline to both the health professional and the adult survivor. This is probably the most complete book on sexual abuse in publication.' - Nursing Ethics '...this excellent book...strikes a good balance between theory, data and practical advice for workers and includes illustrative case material and practical strategies for counsellors... It conveys both the experiences of survivors and the enormous amount that can be achieved. It is a stimulating and optimistic book which would be suitable for all workers in this important area.' - Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health"