Titel: Learning to Fly 2e +CD
Autor/en: Collison, Parcell
1749:Standard B&W 6. 14 x 9. 21 in or 234 x 156 mm (Royal 8vo) Perfect Bound on White w/Matte Lam.
John Wiley & Sons
17. Dezember 2004 - kartoniert - 338 Seiten
Today, no one is, nor can be, an expert in everything. In every challenge, it is easy to feel that you don't know enough to keep up with the accelerating pace of change inside our organisations, let alone the world outside. Start with the assumption that somebody somewhere has already done what you are trying to do. How can you find out whom, and learn from them? Learning to Fly shows exactly how to put knowledge management theory into practice, sharing the tools used and the experience and insights gained by two leading practitioners.
Completely updated for the second edition, Learning to Fly shares the authors' experiences from BP and other leading knowledge organisations.and incorporates new material on implementation and best practice, including a CD-ROM with KM tools and exercises.
"Chris Collison and Geoff Parcell show how new ideas and tools are making working and learning inseparable."
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
PART I: OVERVIEW.
1. Setting the Context.
2. What is Knowledge Management?
3. The Holistic Model - It's More Than the Sum of the Parts.
4. Getting the Environment Right.
5. Getting Started - Just Do It.
PART II: TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES.
6. Connecting Sharers with Learners - Using Self-Assessment.
7. Learning From Your Peers - Somebody Has Already Done It.
8. Learning Whilst Doing - Time to Reflect.
9. Learning After Doing - When it's All Over.
10. Finding the Right People - If Only I Knew Who.
11. Networking and Communities of Practice.
12. Leveraging What We Have Learned - Capturing Knowledge.
PART III: TODAY AND TOMORROW.
13. Embedding it in the Organization - Preparing To Let Go.
14. Review of the Book - What Did We Set Out To Do?
Resources 2: One Page Resources.
Chris Collison is a champion for knowledge sharing and an agent for change. He has presented to audiences at business schools and at conferences around the world, and is a regular contributor to specialist knowledge management publications. During his career he has advised government departments and worked with business leaders in many organizations, sharing the practical experiences he gained whilst working in BP's knowledge management team. As Director of Change & Knowledge Management for Centrica plc, he is responsible for developing organizational capability across this international energy and essential services company. Chris is a Chartered Fellow of the CIPD.
Geoff Parcell is a master practitioner. He has a wealth of experience gained from a diverse career in BP that has taken him from Vietnam to Brazil, and from geophysicist to facilitator. He was a core member of BP's knowledge management team during the late 90s, creating environments for sharing excellence in operations, organizational capability and innovation. He has just returned to BP after an 18 month secondment to the UN in Geneva. There he helped create an holistic approach for sharing experiences of the response to AIDS between those involved - communities, cities, civic society groups, NGOs, UN agencies and businesses.