Titel: Developing Business Strategies
Autor/en: David A. Aaker
9:B&W 6 x 9 in or 229 x 152 mm Case Laminate on Creme w/Gloss Lam.
John Wiley & Sons
13. August 2001 - gebunden - 354 Seiten
"Unquestionably the most comprehensive treatment available on the subject. I found this book unique in its capacity to benefit executives, planning staff, and students of strategy alike."-- Robert L. Joss, Dean of the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
A successful business strategy enables managers to provide organizational vision, monitor and understand a dynamic business environment, generate creative strategic options in response to environmental changes, and base every business effort on sustainable competitive advantages. Developing Business Strategies provides the knowledge and understanding needed to generate and implement such a strategy.
This fully revised and updated edition of David Aaker's highly influential strategic manual offers copious new information on important emerging business topics. Numerous new and revised sections cover such critical areas as the big idea, knowledge management, the customer as an active partner, creative thinking, distinguishing fads from trends, forecasting technologies, alliances, design as strategy, downstream business models, and more. Other important new features of this comprehensive guide include:
* A new chapter on strategic positioning
* Many new illustrative examples from B-to-B, high-tech, and the Internet
* Increased focus on global leadership and global brand management
* Using the Internet to develop and support business strategies
For managers who need to develop and implement effective, responsive business strategies that keep the organization competitive through changing business conditions, Developing Business Strategies, Sixth Edition is the way to go.
PART I: INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW.
1. Business Strategy: The Concept and Trends in Its Management.
2. Strategic Market Management: An Overview.
PART II: STRATEGIC ANALYSIS.
3. External and Customer Analysis.
4. Competitor Analysis.
5. Market Analysis.
6. Environmental Analysis and Strategic Uncertainty.
7. Internal Analysis.
PART III: ALTERNATIVE BUSINESS STRATEGIES.
8. Obtaining a Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
9. Differentiation Strategies.
10. Cost, Focus, and the Preemptive Move.
11. Strategic Positioning.
12. Growth Strategies: Penetration, Product-Market Expansion, Vertical Integration, and the Big Idea.
14. Strategies in Declining and Hostile Markets.
15. Global Strategies.
PART IV: IMPLEMENTATION.
Appendix: Planning Forms.
DAVID A. AAKER is the Vice Chairman of Prophet Brand Strategy and Professor Emeritus at the Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley. He is an active speaker and consultant on business and brand strategy throughout the world. His books, including Marketing Research, Fourth Edition (Wiley), Building Strong Brands, and Brand Leadership, have been translated into over a dozen languages.