Titel: Photoshop Elements 3 for Dummies
Autor/en: Deke McClelland, Galen Fott
HUNGRY MINDS TRADE CO
November 2004 - kartoniert - 390 Seiten
Do you want to rearm Venus de Milo, shave Uncle Harry's beard, or turn gray skies to blue? Have at it with PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies, your guide to enhancing the effect, fixing the flaws, or adding artistic effects to your photos. You'll discover how to:
* Import and organize your photos
* Create, rearrange, blend and manipulate layers to create a composite image
* Save photos using the correct file format-- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format, PDF (Portable Document Format), or BMP (for PC users)
* Save for the Web with JPEG and GIF
* Take advantage of the terrific Help Great Help system, including a How To palette with step-by-step tutorials for image editing and features
* Create a slide show, a picture package, or a Web photo gallery
PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies was written by Dele McClelland, award-winning author of more than 75 titles, including Photoshop for Dummies and Photoshop CS Bible, and Galen Fott, writer and reviewer for Macworld and PC Magazine. It includes 16 pages of full-color examples that demonstrate capabilities and show you "before" and "after" photos. You'll get step-by-step specifics on techniques that can transform your photos, including:
* Selecting the area you want to work with using the lasso, marquee, or magic wand tools or the selection brush
* Using the healing brush to remove imperfections such as blemishes and the new red eye removal tool to remove that demonic glow
* Adjusting color with a variety of tools and techniques
* Applying filters such as Blur, Gaussian Blur, Colored Pencil, Diffuse Glow, Glass, Glowing Edges and many more
* Color correcting quickly with fast color-corrections
* Using the layer styles in the Styles and Effects palette to let your imagination go wild with painting, drawing, applying drop shadows and bevels, adding text, and more
* Using the brush, pencil, eraser, shape and cookie cutter tools
* Working with the type tools, including formatting options, warping type into unusual shapes, and creating outline type
* Making the most of the effects, including frame, image effects, text effects, and textures
* Using Photomerge to create panoramic pictures
PhotoshopElements 3 For Dummies doesn't just give you instructions--it gives you ideas. You'll be inspired to capitalize on the capabilities and explore different techniques to enhance and share your photos.
Part I: Element-ary School.
Chapter 1: Braving the Elements.
Chapter 2: Dissecting Your Desktop.
Chapter 3: "Open!" Says Me.
Chapter 4: Pixels: It's Hip to Be Square.
Chapter 5: Over (and Under) the Rainbow.
Part II: Be Prepared.
Chapter 6: Get Organized (Before It Gets You).
Chapter 7: Saving with Grace.
Chapter 8: It's Perfect. No, Wait! Okay, Print.
Chapter 9: Making Selections on the Pixel Prairie.
Chapter 10: Fifty Ways to Love Your Layer.
Part III: Realer Than Life.
Chapter 11: The Midas Retouch.
Chapter 12: Darkroom Déjà Vu.
Chapter 13: The Rainbow Correction.
Part IV: Unreality Programming.
Chapter 14: Startling Style.
Chapter 15: If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words . . . Then Shut Up and Paint.
Chapter 16: Painting with the Digital Stencil.
Chapter 17: Type Righter.
Chapter 18: Can Photoshop Elements Do That?
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten Shortcuts to Commit to Long-Term Memory.
Chapter 20: Ten Reasons Why You Might Want to Upgrade to Photoshop Someday.
Deke McClelland wrote the Photoshop Bible and Photoshop Bible, Professional Edition (both published by Wiley), bestselling guides on digital imaging. He has written 76 titles in 25 languages with 3 million copies in print, including Photoshop For Dummies (published by Wiley) and the tutorial-based Adobe Photoshop One-on-One (published by O'Reilly/Deke Press). In addition to his books, Deke hosts the video training series Total Training for Adobe Photoshop and Total Training Presents: Adobe Photoshop Elements (published by Total Training). One of the most award-winning writers in the business, Deke has received seven honors from the Computer Press Association. In 2002, he was inducted into the Photoshop Hall of Fame.Galen Fott contributed to two editions of Deke's Photoshop Bible and to Adobe InDesign CS One-on-One (O'Reilly/Deke Press). He has also written for Macworld and PC Magazine. Galen created and hosted Total Training for Mac OS X, co-hosted Total Training for Adobe Premiere 6, and presented more than two hours of Photoshop training for the Apple Web site (all published by Total Training). In his theoretical spare time, Galen is involved in a number of other pursuits. As an animator, he has worked for AT&T and Paramount. As a performer, he has played leading roles in musicals across the country. As a puppeteer, he has performed with the Jim Henson Company. Those with piqued interest can visit his Web site at www.grundoon.com.