Titel: Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics 2002: New Frontiers and Multi-Disciplinary Applications
Autor/en: K. Matsuno, P. Fox, A. Ecer
Mai 2003 - gebunden - 620 Seiten
This volume is proceedings of the international conference of the Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics 2002. In the volume, up-to-date information about numerical simulations of flows using parallel computers is given by leading researchers in this field. Special topics are "Grid Computing" and "Earth Simulator." Grid computing is now the most exciting topic in computer science. An invited paper on grid computing is presented in the volume. The Earth-Simulator is now the fastest computer in the world. Papers on flow-simulations using the Earth-Simulator are also included, as well as a thirty-two page special tutorial article on numerical optimization.
1. Invited Papers. Lattice Boltzmann Methods: High Performance Computing and Engineering Applications (G. Brenner, Th. Zeiser, K. Beronov, P. Lammers, J. Bernsdorf). Multi-Disciplinary Simulations and Computational and Data Grids (W.E. Johnston). A Different Approach to Large-Eddy Simulation with Advantages for Computing Turbulence-Chemical Kinetics Interactions (J.M. McDonough). Simulation of Combustion Dynamics in Gas Turbine Engines (S. Menon). A Substepping Navier-Stokes Splitting Scheme for Spectral/hp Element Discretisations (S. Sherwin).
2. Earth and Space Global Simulations and Earth Simulator. An MHD Model for Heliospheric Studies (A. Deane,
A. Oloso, M. Goldstein, A. Roberts). Computational Performance of the Dynamical Part of a Next Generation Climate Model Using an Icosahedral Grid on the Earth Simulator (K. Goto, H. Tomita, M. Satoh). Optimization of a MHD Dynamo Simulation Code Using the GeoFEM for the Earth Simulator (H. Matsui, H. Okuda). Performance of Atmospheric General Circulation Model Using the Spectral Transform Method on the Earth Simulator (S. Shingu, H. Fuchigami, M. Yamada, Y. Tsuda, M. Yoshioka, W. Ohfuchi, H. Nakamura, M. Yokokawa). Improving Computational Efficiency of 4D-VAR System for Global Ocean Circulation Study (N. Sugiura, T. Awaji, K. Baba, S. Masuda, Q. Jiang, Y. Shen, J.D. Annan, S. Kitawaki). Coupling Strategy of Atmospheric-Oceanic General Circulation Model with Ultra High Resolution and its Performance on the Earth Simulator (K. Takahashi, S. Shingu, A. Azami, T. Abe, M. Yamada, H. Fuchigami, M. Yoshioka, Y. Sasaki, H. Sakuma, T. Sato). Parallel Architecture and its Performance of Oceanic Global Circulation Model Based on MOM3 to Be Run on the Earth Simulator (K. Takahashi, Y. Tsuda, M. Kanazawa, S. Kitawaki, H. Sasaki, T. Kagimoto, Y. Masumoto, H. Sakuma, T. Sato). Design and Performance Analysis of an Ocean General Circulation Model Optimized for the Earth Simulator (Y. Tanaka, S. Yoon, M. Tsugawa). Development of a Nonhydrostatic General Circulation Model Using an Icosahedral Grid (H. Tomita, M. Satoh, K. Goto). Zonally Implicit Scheme for a Global Ocean Model (M. Tsugawa, Y. Tanaka, S.Y. Yoon). Successful Achievement in Developing the Earth Simulator (M. Yokokawa).
3. Parallel Environments. Simulation of Combustion Problems Using Multiprocessor Computer Systems (B. Chetverushkin, N. Churbanova, M. Iakobovski, N. Romanyukha). Autonomic System for Dynamic Load Balancing of Parallel CFD (S. Chien, J. Zhou, A. Ecer, H.U. Akay, Y. Wang). High-Speed Mass Storage System of Numerical Simulator III and it's Basic I/O Performance Benchmark (N. Fujita, Y. Matsuo). Construction of a Large Scale PC-Cluster Machine and its Application to Combusting Flow Analysis in Chemical Furnace (H. Fukuda, T. Adachi, M. Hirano, H. Oozora). Aerodynamic Computation of a Scramjet Engine on Vector-Parallel Supercomputers (S. Hasegawa, K. Tani, S. Sato). A New Approach to Scientific Computing with JavaSpace (T. Hattori, Y. Nakamura). Numerical Simulator III - Building a Terascale Distributed Parallel Computing Environment for Aerospace Science and Engineering (Y. Matsuo, T. Nakamura, M. Tsuchiya, T. Ishizuka, N. Fujita, H. Ohkawa, Y. Hirabayashi, R. Takaki, M. Yoshida, K. Nakamura, K. Yamamoto, K. Suematsu, T. Iwamiya). Blood Flow Simulation in a Grid Environment (M.M. Resch, M. Garbey, Y. Vassilevsky,
B. Sander, U. Kuester). Parallelization Methods for Three-Dimensional Fluid Code Using High Performance Fortran (H. Sakagami, T. Mizuno, S. Furubayashi). The Development Strategy of Super-Computer Calculations in Russia (G.I. Savin, B.N. Chetverushkin). Reaching Equilibrium for Non-Cooperative Dynamic Load Balancing Applications (E. Yilmaz, A. Ecer, H.U. Akay, S. Chien, R.U. Payli). The Parallel Flux Module of the National Combustion Code on Dynamic Load Balancing Environment (E.Yilmaz, A.Ecer, R.U.Payli, I.Lopez, N.-S.Liu, K.-H.Chen).
4. Parallel Algorithms. Numerical Simuration of Reaction-Diffusion and Adsorption Processes in Porous Media Using Lattice Boltzmann Methods with Concurrent Visualisation (J. Bernsdorf, U. Jaekel, T. Zeiser, S. Doi, T. Takei, H. Matsumoto, K. Nishizawa). A Parallel Multilevel Finite Element Solver for Axial Compressor CFD (D. Borello, M.M. Caputi, F. Rispoli). Fully Coupled Solver for Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations Using a Domain Decomposition Method (J. Breil, R.S. Marinova, H. Aiso, T. Takahashi). Parallel Direct Simulation Monte Carlo and its Application to Flows in Micro Channels (J. Czerwinska, U. Fladrich, W.E. Nagel). Simulation of a 3-D Lid-Driven Cavity Flow by a Parallelised Lattice Boltzmann Method (A.R. Davies, J.L. Summers, M.C.T. Wilson). A Parallel Implementation of an Implicit Scheme for Underexpanded Jet Problems (I.A. Graur, T.G. Elizarova, T.A. Kudryashova, S.V. Polyakov). Parallel Implicit Solution of 3-D Navier-Stokes Equations (U. Gulcat, V.U. Unal). On the Parallelization of the Lattice Boltzmann Method for Turbomachinery Applications (A.T. Hsu, T. Yang,
C.W. Lim, A. Ecer, I. Lopez). Parallel Numerical Method for Compressible Flow Calculations of Hovering Rotor Flowfields (J.-J. Hu, S.-Y. Lin). Parallel Finite Element Method for Orographic Wind Flow and Rainfall (K. Kashiyama, T. Shimizu, T. Taniguchi). Parallel Numerical Method for Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations (S.-Y. Lin, Z.-X. Yu). Parallel Efficiency of a Variable Order Method of Lines ( H. Nishida, S. Nakai, N. Satofuka). Large Eddy Simulation of a Lobed Mixer Nozzle Using a Multi-Block Method (Y. Ooba, H. Kodama, R. Yamawaki, O. Nozaki, K. Yamamoto, T. Nishizawa). Parallel FEM Based on Level Set Method for Free-Surface Flow Using PC Cluster (M. Sakuraba, K. Kashiyama). Parallel Algorithms Based on Two-Dimensional Splitting Schemes for Multidimensional Parabolic Equations (A.I. Sukhinov). Applicability of QSI Scheme to Advection-Diffusion Equations with Domain Decomposition Method (S. Ushijima, Y. Okuyama, I. Nezu). A Finite-Element Based Navier-Stokes Solver for LES (W. Wienken, J. Stiller, U. Fladrich).
5. Mesh Strategies Parallel Adaptivity for Solution of Euler Equations Using Unstructured Meshes (H.U. Akay, E. Oktay). Parallel Approach of Fully Systemized Chimera Methodology for Steady/Unsteady Problems (K.W. Cho, S. Lee). Evaluation of Parallelized Unstructured-Grid CFD for Aircraft Applications (T. Fujita, T. Koizumi, M. Kodera, K. Nakahashi, T. Iwamiya, T. Nakamura). A Parallel Method for Adaptive Refinement of a Cartesian Mesh Solver (S. Furuyama, T. Matsuzawa). Parallel Computation of Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Circular Cylinder Using Overset Grid (T. Hashimoto, K. Morinishi, N. Satofuka). Dynamical Computing Power Balancing for Adaptive Mesh Refinement Applications (W. Huang). Study of Parallelization Enhancements for Cartesian Grid Solver (D.D. Marshall, M.J. Aftosmis, S.M. Ruffin). Parallel Computation of Higher Order Gridless Type Solver (K. Morinishi). Building-Cube Method for Large Scale Flow Computations on Parallel Computers (K. Nakahashi, L.S. Kim, T. Fujita). Parallelization of an Adaptive Cartesian Mesh Flow Solver Based on the 2N-tree Data Structure (T. Ogawa).
6. Multi-Disciplinary Simulations Biofluid Simulations on Linux Clusters (M. Behr). Numerics in BoRiS (M. Borchardt, J. Riemann, R. Schneider). CEF Model in the Industrial Application of Non-Newtonian Fluids (S. Celasun, Y. Ozturk). Exhaust Manifold Design for a Car Engine Based on Engine Cycle Simulation (M. Kanazaki, M. Morikawa, S. Obayashi, K. Nakahashi). Parallel Implementation of the Solution of the Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation (J.K. Koga). Distributed-Memory Parallelization of Radiative Transfer Calculation in Hypersonic Flow (S. Matsuyama, N. Ohnishi, A. Sasoh, K. Sawada). Mass Simulations Based Design Approach and its Environment (S. Miyata, K. Kudo, T. Kato, T. Hiroyasu, M. Miki, J. Kamiura, H. Hiroyasu, M. Uchiyama, M. Fukumoto). Parallel High Accuracy CFD Code for Complete Aircraft Viscous Flow Simulations (S. Peigin, B. Epstein, T. Rubin, S. Seror). Multiobjective GA for SST Wing-Body Shape Design (D. Sasaki, G. Yang, S. Obayashi). Parallel Computation of Flows Around Flapping Airfoils in Biplane Configuration (I.H. Tuncer, M. Kaya). Numerical Prediction for Transportation of Non-Uniform Particles Accumulated under Oscillating Turbulent Flows (S. Ushijima, I. Nezu, Y. Okuyama). Parallel Implementation of the Solver for the One-Dimensional Vlasov-Poisson Equation Based on the DA-CIP Method (T. Utsumi, J. Koga, T. Kunugi). Large Eddy Simulation of Rotor-Stator Cavity Flow (P.S. Weng, W. Lo, C.A. Lin). Capability of UPACS in Various Numerical Simulations (T. Yamane, M. Makida, J. Mukai, K. Yamamoto, R. Takaki, S. Enomoto). Parallelization of a Genetic Algorithm for Curve Fitting Chaotic Dynamical Systems (T. Yang, J.M. McDonough, J.
7. Tutorial Paper Parallel Evolutionary Computation for Solving Complex Optimization Problems: A Review and Some Nozzle Applications (B. Galvan, D. Greiner, J. Periaux, M. Sefrioui, G. Winter).
This book will serve as an important survey of key research in parallel CFD and the corresponding state of HPC. It is especially valuable for the tutorial on PEAs, the sample optimization problems provided, and the extensive references. Basic optimization and multidisciplinary optimization are areas that will benefit from continuing advances in parallel CFD and HPC. AIAA Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1