Titel: Quality of Life in Mental Disorders
Herausgegeben von Heinz Katschnig, Hugh Freeman, Norman Sartorius
JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Oktober 2005 - gebunden - 368 Seiten
Over the past decade, quality of life issues ahve become a key factor in the management od patients with mental disorders as well as in planning mental health care provision.
Quality of life in menbtal disorders 2nd edition covers the entire spectrum of quality of life issues faced by mental health practitioners, including:
* Assessment and measurement of QoL
* QoL in specific mental health disorders
* Treatment and clinical management issues
* QoL and health policy, planning and health economics
New chapters in the second edition:
* Recent developments in the measurement of QoL
* QoL and substance abuse
* QoL in pharmacological trials
* QoL in mental health services research
* QoL and the promotion of mental health
Quality of life in mental health disorders 2nd edition is relevant to everyone involved in mental health care, including psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, social workers, policy-makers and health economists.
List of Contributors.
Prefcae to the First Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Section I: Introduction.
1. How useful is the concept of quality of life in psychiatry? Heinz Katschnig.
Section II: Conecptual Issues.
2. Theoretical models of quality of life for mental disorders Matthias C. Angermeyer and Reinhold Kilian.
3. Well-being and life satisfaction as components of quality of life in mental disorders Anastasia Zissi and Margaret M. Barry.
4. Role functioning as a component of quality of life in mental disorders Durk Wiersma.
5. 'Standard of living' and environmental factors as a component of quality of life in mental disorders Hugh L. Freeman.
Section III: Assessment and Measurement.
6. Instruments for measuring quality of life in mental disorders I: up to 1996 Anthony F. Lehman.
7. Instruments for measuring quality of life in mental disorders II: Some new developments Chijs Van Nieuwenhuizen.
8. Assessing daily quality of life with the experience sampling method Daniela Q.C.M. Barge-Schaapveld, Nancy A. Nicolson, Philippe A.E.G. Delespaul and Marten W. deVries.
9. Quality of life and positive health: Thwir place in comprehensive clinical diagnosis Juan E. Mezzich and Margit M. Schmilke.
10. Quality of life measurement in persons with schizophenia: We are measuring whats important? Marion A. Becker and Ronald J. Diamond.
Section IV: Quality of life in specific mental disorders.
11. Quality of life in drepression Heinz Katsching, Monika Krautgartner, Beate Schrank and Matthias C. Angermeyer.
12. Quality of life in anxiety disorders Franklin R. Schmeirer and Gabriel Pantol.
13. Quality of life in schitzophrenia Julio Bobes and Maria Paz Garcia-Portilla.
14. Quality of life and child hood disorders Klaus Schmeck and Fritz Poustka.
15. Quality of life in alzheimer's and related dimentias Barry Gurland and Sidney Katz.
16. Quality of life in substance use disorder Jason P. Connor, John B. Saunders and Gerald F.X. Feeney.
Section V: Treatment and Management Issues.
17. Psychotropic medication and quality of life Matthias C. Angermeyer, Reinhold Kilian and Heinz Katschnig.
18. 'Real World' trials of psychotropic medication T. Scott Stroup and Jeffrey A. Lieberman.
19. Psychotherapy and quality of life Gerhard Lenz and Ulrike Demal.
20. Whose life is it anyway? Quality of life for long-stay patients discharged from psychiatric hostpitals Julian Leff.
21. Quality of llife in mental haelth service research Antonio Lasalvia and Mirella Ruggeri.
22. The Quality of life of the relatives of the mentally ill Maria D. Simon.
23. Consumer interests and the qulaity of life concept - common ground or parallel universes? Peter Stastny and Michaela Amering.
24. Quality of life of staff working in Psychiatric services Reinhold Kilian.
Section VI: Policy and Planning.
25. Quality of life measurment in the economic analysis of mental health care Dan Chisholm, Luis Salvador-Carulla and Jose Luis Auyso-Mateos.
26. Organisation of care and quality of life of persons with serious and persistent mental illness David Mechanic.
27. Quality of life and mental disorders: A global perspective Norman Sartorious.
Section VII: Outlook on the Future.
28 Improving quality of life through mental health promotion Eva Jané-Llopis and Heinz Katsching.
Heinz Katschnig, MD Professor of Psychiatry, ChairmanDept. of Psychiatry, University of Vienna, AustriaHugh Freeman Honorary Visiting Fellow, Green College, OxfordNorman Sartorius Professor of Psychiatry, University of Geneva, Switzerland
"...a valuable contribution to the literature...[that] takes the reader one step further than a simple review of quality of life in mental disorders." (The Annals of Pharmacotherapy, June 2006) "The book is written in a very practical, user-friendly format, differentiating it from other books in this category." (Doody's Health Services)