Titel: Modern Experimental Design
Autor/en: Thomas P. Ryan
JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Februar 2007 - gebunden - 593 Seiten
A complete and well-balanced introduction to modern experimental design
Using current research and discussion of the topic along with clear applications, Modern Experimental Design highlights the guiding role of statistical principles in experimental design construction. This text can serve as both an applied introduction as well as a concise review of the essential types of experimental designs and their applications.
Topical coverage includes designs containing one or multiple factors, designs with at least one blocking factor, split-unit designs and their variations as well as supersaturated and Plackett-Burman designs. In addition, the text contains extensive treatment of:
* Conditional effects analysis as a proposed general method of analysis
* Multiresponse optimization
* Space-filling designs, including Latin hypercube and uniform designs
* Restricted regions of operability and debarred observations
* Analysis of Means (ANOM) used to analyze data from various types of designs
* The application of available software, including Design-Expert(r), JMP(r), and MINITAB(r)
This text provides thorough coverage of the topic while also introducing the reader to new approaches. Using a large number of references with detailed analyses of datasets, Modern Experimental Design works as a well-rounded learning tool for beginners as well as a valuable resource for practitioners.
2. Completely Randomized Design.
3. Designs that Incorporate Extraneous (Blocking) Factors.
Graeco-Latin Square Design.
4. Full Factorial Designs with Two Levels.
5. Fractional factorial Designs with Two-Levels.
6. Designs With More Than Two Levels.
7. Nested Designs.
8. Robust Designs.
9. Split-Unit, Split-Lot, and Related Designs.
10. Response Surface Designs.
11. Repeated Measure Designs.
12. Multiple Responses.
13. Miscellaneous Design Topics.
14. Tying It All Together.
Answers to Selected Exercises.
Appendix: Statistical Tables.
THOMAS P. RYAN, PhD, has served on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Quality Technology since 1990. He is the author of three other books published by Wiley, and is an elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association, the American Society for Quality, and the Royal Statistical Society. He is currently teaching advanced courses on design of experiments and engineering statistics at statistics.com, and serves as a consultant to Cytel Software Corporation.
"A good introduction to statistical design of experiments, covering a wide variety of topics in a well readable and structured way." (Statistical Papers 2008)
"It is definitely nice to have such a book in the library." (International Statistical Review, 2007)
"... this book will prove to be a boon for advances in experimental design." (Zentralblatt MATH, 2007)