Titel: Intuitive Reiki for Our Times: Essential Techniques for Enhancing Your Practice
Autor/en: Amy Z. Rowland
Essential Techniques for Enhancing Your Practice.
Juli 2006 - kartoniert - 276 Seiten
A guide to developing and using intuitive skills during Reiki sessions to enhance the effectiveness of the treatment
- Focuses on self-training rather than transmission of techniques from master to student
- Designed to assist practitioners at all levels and of all lineages
- Includes interviews with Reiki masters William Lee Rand, Mari Hall, and others
Most Western Reiki practitioners are taught Reiki without acknowledgment of the integral role intuition can play in helping heal a client completely and permanently. Yet in Japan, practitioners must master the skill of using Reiki in an intuitive way at Shoden (entry) level before they are permitted to advance to the next level. In Intuitive Reiki for Our Times, Amy Rowland addresses the need for instruction in how to use intuition as a healing tool by presenting traditional techniques, both Western and Japanese, as well as new techniques that unite Reiki and intuition.
Rowland begins by focusing on the varieties of intuitive experience and the healing purposes such experiences serve. She then helps practitioners inventory their own intuitive abilities in order to establish a personal starting point for further development. Emphasizing self-training rather than the customary transmission of techniques from master to student, Rowland offers fully illustrated, practical exercises and techniques that certified Reiki practitioners and teachers can readily apply in their own practices. She concludes with a series of interviews with well-known Reiki masters--including William Lee Rand, Mari Hall, and Jane Anne Narrin--on how to use intuitive Reiki for the benefit of the client as well as for the practitioner's own spiritual guidance.
Introduction: Bridge of Light
1. Intuition in Reiki History
2. Intuition at a Reiki Class
3. Reclaiming the Gifts of the Past
4. Claiming the Gifts of the Present
5. The Healing Purposes of Intuitive Reiki
6. Traditional Intuitive Reiki Techniques
7. Trusting the Energy
8. The Reiki Paradigm of Healing
9. Allow the Client to Interpret
10. Understand All Time Is Now
11. Empower the Client to Heal
12. Expanding Practice: Asking for Guidance
13. Expanding Practice: Traditional Japanese Techniques
14. Expanding Practice: At a Reiki and Intuition Workshop
15. Living a Spirit-Guided Life
16. Intuitive Reiki in Service to Spirit: Conversations with Reiki Masters
Appendix 1: Reiki Organizations
Appendix 2: Intuition Development Workshop Providers
AMY Z. ROWLAND, M.A., is a certified Usui Reiki Master with twenty years of experience. She teaches Reiki in both Western (Usui Shiki Ryoho) and Japanese (Usui Reiki Ryoho) traditions and also teaches Reiki and Intuition workshops. The author of "Traditional Reiki for Our Times," she lives in Pennsylvania. Her Web site is www.traditionalreiki.com.
". . . fills a gap in Western training, examining the foundations of the intuitive experience and how it translates to healing. . . . Essential for any Reiki healer." Diane C. Donovan, California Bookwatch, Sept 2006