Titel: Lycoming County, Pennsylvania
History of the Townships of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, History of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, List of municipalities in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, Little League Baseball, History of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Big Runaway.
Herausgegeben von Source: Wikipedia
Books LLC, Reference Series
12. Juni 2011 - kartoniert - 64 Seiten
Source: Wikipedia. Pages: 64. Chapters: History of the Townships of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, History of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, List of municipalities in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, Little League Baseball, History of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Big Runaway, Susquehanna Boom, Lycoming Engines, Fort Antes, List of Pennsylvania state historical markers in Lycoming County, Sheshequin Path, National Register of Historic Places listings in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, List of villages in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, Daniel Hughes, WRKK, Muncy Abolition Riot of 1842, Canfield Island Site, Pine Creek Path, Candy Cane Lane, Duboistown, Culbertson's Path, Wyalusing Path, Herdic, Susquehanna and Eagles Mere Railroad, Jersey Shore Steel, Williamsport Sun-Gazette, WRAK, Kenmar, Pennsylvania, Faxon, Pennsylvania, Rauchtown, Pennsylvania, WZXR, Oval, Pennsylvania, Ranger/Fairchild Engines, Frozen Run. Excerpt: Lycoming County was formed from Northumberland County on April 13, 1795. At the time it was formed the county was much larger than it is today. It took up most of the land that is now north central Pennsylvania. As of 2007, Lycoming County has forty-two townships. Lycoming County's townships include one census-designated place (CDP) and fifty villages. CDPs are geographical areas designated by the U.S. Census Bureau for the purposes of compiling demographic data. Villages are marked with signs by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Neither CDPs nor villages are actual jurisdictions under Pennsylvania law and their territory is legally part of the township(s) where they are located. Map of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania with municipal labels showing cities and boroughs (red), townships (white), and census-designated places (blue) Cogan House Covered Bridge over Larrys Creek in Cogan House Township Pine Creek as it passes through Cummings Township Anthony Township was formed from part of Lycoming Township on September 7, 1844 by the Pennsylvania General Assembly. It is named in honor of Joseph B. Anthony who was a judge in Lycoming County at the time. Larrys Creek in Anthony TownshipWhen colonial settlers first arrived in what is now Anthony Township they were outside the western boundary of what was then the Province of Pennsylvania. These settlers were not under the jurisdiction or protection of any type from any of the Thirteen Colonies. They became known as the Fair Play Men. These men established their own form of government, known as the "Fair Play System", with three elected commissioners who ruled on land claims and other issues for the group. In a remarkable coincidence, the Fair Play Men made their own Declaration of Independence from Britain on July 4, 1776 beneath the "Tiadaghton Elm" on the banks of Pine Creek. A German Baptist congregation was incorporated on February 8, 1879, under the title of the "German Baptist Church of Anthony Township".