Titel: Firewall Architecture for the Enterprise
Autor/en: Norbert Pohlmann, Tim Crothers
Timely. Practical. Reliable.
JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
Juli 2002 - kartoniert - 481 Seiten
What the book covers: Detailed professionals guide to all aspects of firewalls including threat analysis, firewall architecture, application level details, encryption, authentication, coverage of various firewall products (Checkpoint, BorderManager, Linux, ISA and more) and administration and support from the first steps of setting up a firewall to setting up and analyzing logs generated by a firewall.
* Includes both detection and prevention perspectives - details how to use a firewalls to detect a potential hack and prevent through denial of access.
* Shows how to maximize caching and load-balancing with firewalls.
* Coverage includes fine-tuning firewalls to work with other security solutions including VPNs, PKI, PGP.
* Cross-platform coverage includes WinNT/2000, NetWare, Linux, Unix and all types of servers(FTP, Telnet, Web etc.)
* Appendix includes detailed information on making firewalls compliant with all protocols(IPv4, Ipv6, TCP/IP, IP/SPX, NetBEUI, AppleTalk) and security standards (Common Criteria, IPSec, ESP, AH, Security Association).
Chapter 1: Business Transformation, IT Security, and Introduction to the Firewall.
Chapter 2: TCP/IP Technology for the Internet and Intranet.
Chapter 3: Threats in Networks.
Chapter 4: Elements of a Firewall System.
Chapter 5: Concepts of Firewall Systems.
Chapter 6: Firewall Systems and Encryption.
Chapter 7: Authentication Procedures.
Chapter 8: Evaluating Firewall Solutions.
Chapter 9: Practical Use of Firewall Systems.
Chapter 10: Firewall Security Policy.
Chapter 11: Special Issues Related to Firewall Systems.
Chapter 12: Secondary Issues Related to Firewall Systems.
Chapter 13: Theoretical Foundations of Firewall Systems.
Appendix A: Security Standards.
Appendix B: References.
Appendix C: Glossary.
Appendix D: Sample Security Policy.
Norbert Pohlmann is a founding member and Chairman of TeleTrusT, an organization dedicated to establishing cryptography standards, and serves on the management boards of several other security companies in Germany. Mr. Pohlmann is the recipient of two awards for security work from IT Services Magazine as well as the Aachen Prize for Innovation in Technology, and is a frequent conference speaker on security topics. This book is updated and adapted from his German-language bestseller, Firewall-Systeme, now in its fourth edition.
Tim Crothers, CCNA, CIW, MCSE, MCT, CNE, is the chief security officer at ITM, a leading Internet security company. A specialist in TCP/IP, WAN architecture, and security, he has consulted, trained, and assessed security risks at companies such as IBM, Lucent Technologies, UPS, and DEC. He helped develop Prosoft's Internet security curriculum and speaks widely on security issues. His previous books include Internet Lockdown (Hungry Minds, 2001).