Titel: The Sage Handbook of Educational Leadership: Advances in Theory, Research, and Practice
Herausgegeben von Fenwick W. English
31. Januar 2011 - gebunden - 472 Seiten
This fully updated Second Edition of The SAGE Handbook of Educational Leadership offers an unflinching and comprehensive overview of the full range of both practical and theoretical issues facing educational leadership today.
Editor Fenwick W. English and 30 renowned authors boldly address the most fundamental and contested issues in the field, including culturally relevant and distributed leadership; critical policy and practice issues predicting the new century's conflict; the paradox of changes; and the promises, paradoxes, and pitfalls of standards for educational leaders.
Introduction: Educational Leadership at Century?s Beginning?A Continuing Search for the Philosopher?s Stone - Fenwick W. English
PART I: MULTIPLE LENSES OF DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP
1. A History of Public School Leadership: The First Century, 1837?1942 - Ira E. Bogotch
2. Culturally Relevant Leadership for Complex 21st-Century School Contexts - Floyd D. Beachum
3.Social Justice: Seeking a Common Language - Alan R. Shoho, Betty M. Merchant, and Catherine A. Lugg
4. Distributed Leadership and Democratic Community - Jeffrey S. Brooks and Lisa A. W. Kensler
PART II: MANAGEMENT, ORGANIZATION, AND LAW
5. The Paradox of Change in Public Schooling and Education Leadership - Carol A. Mullen
6. Pivotal Points: History, Development, and Promise of the Principalship - Kathleen M. Brown
7. The School Superintendent: Roles, Challenges, and Issues - Theodore J. Kowalski and C. Cryss Brunner
8. The Role of Education Law in Leadership Preparation Programs - Charles J. Russo
PART III: EDUATIONAL POLITICS AND POLICY: CREATING EFFECTIVE, EQUITABLE, AND DEMOCRATIC SCHOOLS
9. Critical Policy/Practice Arenas Predicting 21st-Century Conflict - JoAnn Danelo Barbour
10. Educational Leadership and the New Economy: Keeping the ?Public? in Public Schools - Gary L. Anderson and Monica Pini
11. Standards for Educational Leaders: Promises, Paradoxes, and Pitfalls - Rosemary Papa
12. Wild Patience: Women in School Administration - Charol Shakeshaft
13. Metanoia in Educational Leadership: An Alternative Perspective for School Leadership - Cheryl L. Bolton
PART IV: THEORIES OF LEADERSHIP: RESEARCH PROBLEMS AND PRACTICES
14. The Nature of Inquiry in Educational Leadership - Michelle D. Young and Gerardo R. Lopez
15. The Development of Leadership Thought and Practice in the United States - Gary M. Crow and Margaret Grogan
16. Exploring Aesthetic Dimensions of Leadership: Re-establishing Human Agency - Eugenie A. Samier
PART V: THE MICROPOLITICS OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
17. Curriculum Leadership: The Administrative Survival Skill in a Test-Driven Culture and a Competitive Educational Marketplace - Fenwick W. English and Betty E. Steffy
18. Teacher Preparation and Staffing in U.S. Schools - Eugene F. Provenzo, Jr.
19. The Gaposis Syndrome: Uses and Misuses of Tests - Robert J. Wright
20. Issues of Teaching and Learning - Eric Haas and Leslie Poynor
21. New Approaches for School Design - Jeffrey A. Lackney
22. Labor Relations and the Challenges of Leading - Todd A. DeMitchell
23. Budgeting, Finance, and Planning - William K. Poston, Jr.
About the Editor
About the Contributors
Fenwick W. English (Ph.D.) is the R. Wendell Eaves Senior Distinguished Professor of Educational Leadership in the School of Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a position he has held since 2001. As a scholar/practitioner he has held positions as a school principal and superintendent of schools in California and New York and as a department chair, dean, and vice-chancellor of academic affairs at universities in Ohio and Indiana. He is the former President of the University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA) and of the National Council of Professors of Educational Administration (NCPEA). His research has been reported in national and international academic forums. He edited the 2006 SAGE Encyclopedia of Educational Leadership and Administration, the 2009 SAGE Library of Educational Thought and Practice: Educational Leadership and Administration; and the 2011 SAGE Handbook of Educational Leadership (2nd Ed.). In 2013, he received the Living Legend Award from NCPEA for his lifetime contribution to the field of educational leadership.