Titel: Progress in Optimization
Contributions from Australasia.
HC runder Rücken kaschiert.
Herausgegeben von Mike Fisher, Les Jennings, Alistair I. Mees
30. April 2000 - gebunden - 368 Seiten
'Optimization Day' (OD) has been a series of annual mini-conferences in Aus tralia since 1994. The purpose of this series of events is to gather researchers in optimization and its related areas from Australia and their collaborators, in order to exchange new developments of optimization theories, methods and their applications. The first four OD mini-conferences were held in The Uni versity of Ballarat (1994), The University of New South Wales (1995), The University of Melbourne (1996) and Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (1997), respectively. They were all on the eastern coast of Australia. The fifth mini-conference Optimization Days was held at the Centre for Ap plied Dynamics and Optimization (CADO), Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Western Australia, Perth, from 29 to 30 June 1998. This is the first time the OD mini-conference has been held at the west ern coast of Australia. This fifth OD preceded the International Conference on Optimization: Techniques and Applications (ICOTA) held at Curtin Uni versity of Technology. Many participants attended both events. There were 28 participants in this year's mini-conference and 22 presentations in the mini conference. The presentations in this volume are refereed contributions based on papers presented at the fifth Optimization Days mini-conference. The volume is di vided into the following parts: Global Optimization, Nonsmooth Optimization, Optimization Methods and Applications.
Preface. Participants. Editors.
Part I: Global Optimization.
1. Global Optimization Methods for Location and Distance Geometry Problems; H. Tuy.
2. Branch and Cut Methods for Mixed Integer Linear Programming Problems; L. Caccetta.
3. Separability of Star-Shaped Sets with Respect to Infinity; A.M. Rubinov, A.P. Shveidel.
4. Nonlinear Unconstrained Optimization Methods: A Review; A.M. Rubinov, et al.
5. New Dual Formulations in Constrained Integer Programming; X. Sun, D. Li.
6. Simulated Annealing and Penalty Methods for Binary Multicommodity Flow Problems; X.Q. Yang, et al.
Part II: Nonsmooth Optimization.
7. A Quadratic Recourse Function for the Two-Stage Stochastic Program; J.R. Birge, et al.
8. Lagrange Multipliers for Nonconvex Optimization; B.D. Craven.
9. Class-Inclusion Properties for Convex Functions; A. Eberhard, C.E.M. Pearce.
10. On Generic Locally Convex Vector Functions; V. Gershkovich, et al.
11. Essential Components and Connectedness of Solution Set for Complementarity Problems; G. Isac, G.X.Z. Yuan.
12. On Relations between Vector Variational Inequality and Vector Optimization Problem; G.M. Lee.
Part III: Optimization Methods.
13. Parameter Estimation in Dynamic Systems; K. Schittkowski.
14. Methods of Feasible Directions: A Review; X. Chen, M.M. Kostreva.
15. Computational Method for a Class of Optimal Switching Control Problems; Y. Liu, K.L. Teo.
16. Optimization by Way of the Trajectory Following Method;T.L. Vincent.
17. Solving Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman Equations by an Upwind Finite Difference Method; S. Wang, et al.
18. An Efficient Approximation Method for a Class of Continuous Linear Programs; K.H. Wong, et al.
Part IV: Applications.
19. Calibration of Parameters for a Combined Gravity and Traffic Assignment Model; R. Han.
20. A Restricted Variation Argument to Derive Necessary Conditions for the Optimal Control of a Train; P. Howlett.
21. Determination of Optimal Batch Size for a Manufacturing System; R. Sarker, C. Newton.
22. Parameter Estimation in a Mathematical Model for Substrate Diffusion in a Metabolically Active Cutaneous Tissue; K. Schittkowski.