Titel: Biosystems Engineering
Autor/en: Ahindra Nag
MCGRAW HILL BOOK CO
1. September 2009 - gebunden - 525 Seiten
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Maximize productivity while minimizing environmental impact
Develop sustainable products, energy sources, and processes using the concepts and methods contained in this interdisciplinary resource. Biosystems Engineering discusses how to effectively merge solid design techniques with biology and the applied sciences.
Featuring chapters by experts in each field, this authoritative guide explains how to analyze genetic data, design ecosystem models, implement conservation strategies, harness biofuels, and ensure food safety. Full coverage of transgenetic wood production, package engineering, supercritical fluid extraction, and agricultural land management is included.
Discover how to:
- Use microarray technology to classify genes and construct databases
- Build mathematical models and computer simulations of ecosystems
- Create bio-oils and carbon-neutral transportation fuels using pyrolisis
- Synthesize biodiesel and ethanol from vegetable oil and animal fat
- Purify and enrich biotechnological products with bioseparation
- Develop modified woods and herbicide-resistant crops using transgenetics
- Extract antioxidants, supercritical fluids, and bioregulators from plants
- Deploy ecologically sound fertilizing, composting, and harvesting methods
Ch 1. Sensors and information technology application in biological systems
Ch 2. Soil and water conservation
Ch 3. Watershed-scale Geographic Information and Modeling Systems
Ch 4. Resource optimization
Ch 5. Biostimulation in Plans
Ch 6. Microarray Data Analysis Using Machine Learning Methods
Ch 7. Design of Irrigation and Drainage Systems
Ch 8. Evaluation of Transgenic Aspen for Wood productivity and Quality
Ch 9. Pyrolysis and Gasification of Biomass
Ch 10. Biofuels refining and Performances
Ch 11. Alternative Source of Energy
Ch 12. Transport Phenomena in Biosystem
Ch 13. Biological Process Instrumentation
Ch 14. Analysis, Modeling and Design of Solid Waste Management System
Ahindra Nag, Ph.D., is a Senior Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. He has three years industrial and twenty one years of teaching experience and has published seventy research papers in major national and international journals and has guided six PhD students. He was invited as a Visting Professor in Academia Sinica (Taiwan), University of Campabasso( Italy ) and Universidad de Córdoba( Spain). Professor Nag is the author of five other books: Analytical Techniques in Agriculture, Biotechnology, and Environmental Engineering; Environmental Education and Solid Waste Management; Foundry Materials and Pollution; Text Book of Agriculture Biotechnology and Biofuels refining and performances.