Titel: Advanced Biomaterials
Autor/en: Kumar, Basu, Katti
HC gerader Rücken kaschiert.
John Wiley & Sons
10. September 2009 - gebunden - 770 Seiten
Advanced Biomaterials provides a broad introduction to the field, encompassing fundamentals, processing, and applications. With contributions from leading experts from around the world, it covers a wide range of topics, emphasizing emerging areas of interest including nanobiomaterials, interface tissue engineering, new manufacturing techniques such as Laser Assisted Net Shaping (LENS), and new polymeric materials. This is an excellent textbook for upper level undergraduate and graduate students, as well as a practical self-teaching guide for researchers and practitioners interested in the field.
Foreword (Prof. Larry L Hench).
Preface (editorial contribution).
List of Contributors.
1. Fundamentals of Biomaterials and Biocompatibility (Bikramjit Basu and Shekhar Nath).
2. Fundamentals of hydroxyapatite and related calcium phosphates (Racquel Zapanta LeGeros, Atsuo Ito, Kunio Ishikawa, Toshiro Sakae and John P. LeGeros).
3. Materials for orthopedic applications (Shekhar Nath and Bikramjit Basu).
4. The micro macroporous biphasic calcium phosphate concept for bone reconstruction and tissue engineering (Guy Daculsi, Franck Jegoux and Pierre Layrolle).
5. Science and Technology-Integrated Titanium Dental Implant Systems (Yoshiki Oshida, Elif Bahar Tuna and Dr. Oshida).
6. Injectable hydrogels as biomaterials (Lakshmi S. Nair, Cato T. Laurencin and Mayank Tandon).
7. Nanomaterials for Improved Orthopedic and Bone Tissue Engineering Applications (Lijie Zhang, Sirinrath Sirivisoot, Ganesh Balasundaram, and Thomas J. Webster).
1. Introduction to Processing of Biomaterials (Shaunak Pandya, Rakesh Mahida, Meghali Bora and Dhirendra S. Katti).
2. Laser processing of orthopedic biomaterials (Rajarshi Banerjee and Soumya Nag).
3. Functionally Graded all-ceramic hip joints (Omer Van der Biest, Guy Ann,, Kim Vanmeensel and Jef Vleugels).
4. Medical Devices based on Bioinspired ceramics (Pío González, Julián Martínez-Fernández, Antonio R. de Arellano-López and Mrityunjay Singh).
5. Ionomer glasses: Design and Characterization (Artemis Stamboulis and Fei Wang).
6. Designing nanofibrous scaffolds for tissue engineering (Neha Arya, Poonam Sharma and Dhirendra S. Katti).
7. Design of supermacroporous biomaterials via gelation at subzero temperatures-Cryogelation (Fatima M. Plieva, Ashok Kumar, Igor Yu. Galaev and Bo Mattiasson).
1. Biomaterial Applications (Ashok Kumar, Akshay Srivastava and Era Jain).
2. Cell-based Nanocomposites and Biomolecules for Bone Tissue Engineering (Michelle Ngiam, Susan Liao, Casey Chan and S. Ramakrishna).
3. Orthopaedic Interface Tissue Engineering: Building the Bridge to Integrated Musculoskeletal Tissue Systems (Helen H. Lu, Kristen L. Moffat and Jeffrey P. Spalazzi).
4. Cells of the Nervous System and Electrical Stimulation (Carlos Atico Ariza and Surya K. Mallapragada).
5. Placental umbilical cord blood: A true blood substitute (Niranjan Bhattacharya).
6. Supported cell mimetic monolayers and their blood compatibility (K. Kaladhar and Chandra P Sharma).
7. Titanium Nitride and Diamond like carbon coatings for cardiovascular applications (Muraleedharan CV and Bhuvaneshwar G S).
BIKRAMJIT BASU, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. His research interests include ceramic and polymer-based biocompatible materials, nanoceramics and nanoceramic composites, and tribology of advanced materials. He received the Coble Award of the American Ceramic Society in 2008 and was recognized by the Indian National Science Academy and the Indian National Academy of Engineering.
DHIRENDRA S. KATTI, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. His research interests include polymeric biomaterials, drug delivery systems, tissue engineering, and nanotechnology.
ASHOK KUMAR, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. His research interests include the design of supermacroporous polymeric materials and smart polymers for application in tissue engineering, development of cell separation technology, extracorporeal medical devices, and high-throughput analysis. His other research interests include bioprocess engineering, biosensors, and environmental biotechnology.